5 Techniques to Reduce Products Liability for Manufacturers
1. Quality Control – create a program and distribute it to all your employees. Procedures should outline product safety, design, testing and inspection. Include information on traceability, guidance on customer complaints, and a detailed product recall program.
2. Labeling – make sure all serial or batch numbers are on products and traceable in the event of a recall.
3. Records – maintain records of all information about your products, including testing, performance, component percentages and complaints.
4. Legal Review – have a lawyer review warning labels, assembly and operating instructions, disclaimers and any other information sent to consumers.
5. Contracts – review contracts and ensure hold-harmless agreements are in place with your subcontractors.